Leap Solutions is partnering with a high-end glass art studio in NW Portland in their search for a steady, solid, and experienced Office Admin Assistant to join their team on a part-time basis. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of having worked in a small office before, preferably in a construction and/or small manufacture company. S/he will be a warm, collaborative person with leadership skills.
• Assists with the day-to-day operations of the office. Performs a wide range of administrative and activities in support of the Principal. Ensures that the company's best interests are emphasized with regard to profitability, confidentiality, office operations, and employee morale. Emphasis is placed on accuracy, efficiency, professionalism, warmth and excellent communication. Helps communicate our world-class customer support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensures neat and attractive office appearance
• Helps maintain filing systems and supply requisition. Maintains appropriate level of office supplies.
• Assists with finalizing owner’s notes/drafts in client and vendor outreach and responses.
• Calls as needed outside network/software vendors to ensure network, computing resources
and telecommunications are operational and available.
• Use of software applications, Word, Excel, Outlook, ACT.
• Mails/ files corporate legal documents.
• Prepares activities reports, meeting agendas, notices, minutes, and meeting resolutions.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
• Adds to Principal’s calendar; schedules and confirms tentative appointments. Processes Principal’s registration for seminar events.
• Proactively works with Principal to track priorities and provide reminders as needed.
• Screens incoming calls for Principal. Provides assistance when possible to callers seeking information or contact with the Principal.
• Ensures that staff members receive accurate, timely messages via e-mail, phone, or fax.
• Organizes and screens Principal’s mail (including email); transfers immediate action items and
assist in timely responses. Handles sensitive items confidentially.
• Conducts projects and research via Internet or other resources as needed.
• Makes Travel arrangements and/or requests plans from Travel Agent
MARKETING AND CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS
• Co-Processes post-event correspondence, thank you letters, and follow-up actions.
• Provides job support and functions within other departments as needed.
• Schedules, coordinates, troubleshoots, informs, aids flow and makes any decisions in the best interest of the company and Christina.
Works in a production-like office setting, with some public contact. Experiences moderate levels of noise and dust, in temperate climate. Uses computer extensively.
Position requires occasional squatting, lifting and reaching; moderate to fine manual dexterity (using telephone, calculator and computer); visual acuity (near); and verbal and hearing skills.
CREATE AND SUPPORT WHAT IS RIGHT FOR THE BUSINESS
• Creatively and structurally implement and maintain economies, efficiencies and systems in the Administrative needs of the studio.
• Support and professionally model the values and skills described in the Studio Code of Honor.
• Partner effectively and warmly with the Designer Owner in order to run and help build the business.
• To the Owner. In a timely and complete manner, offer your overview, possible options and your best recommendations. Represent the owner and best interests of the studio at all times. When owner is not available the admin assistant uses their best judgment.
• To Clients, Vendors and the Public. In a thoughtful, timely and confident demeanor and with a diplomatic tone communicate in both verbal and written form to produce a final, positive impact.
• To Staff. Communicates warmly to help create a positive culture.
OWN YOUR ROLE
• “Kaizen” is the philosophy of continuous improvement in the business, workplace and your own department and is encouraged.
• Computer literacy in Windows with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and an ability to develop proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and ACT. Strong word processing (including typing 60 WPM), spreadsheet, and database skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written). Excellent telephone and customer service skills. Ability to assist in writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Strong problem solving skills. Ability to anticipate problems, and to come up with reasonable solutions.
• Able to work independently on some demonstrated or template tasks/ issues. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Good common sense and judgment.
• Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to organize information, handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and follow-up.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Demonstrated self-motivation and initiative. Able to work calmly under pressure.
• Able to work in a supportive role, and to be a team player.
• Strong customer service, relations and diplomacy skills.
• Willingness to make recommendations/offer ideas on possible improvements or needs in current systems
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.