Devco Engineering, Inc.
Manages the operation and administration of the finance department, including supervision of accounting team and project accounting. Works closely with project managers and operations to ensure timely and accurate project accounting and job costing.
REPORTS TO/ ACCOUNTABILITY
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Timely and relevant financial reporting that assists the management team in operating the organization.
- Timely, accurate financial statements
- Ability to coordinate accounting functions and supervise an accounting staff
- Financial analysis skills (creating budgets, identifying trends, etc)
- Timely and accurate job costing and project accounting
- Manage full cycle accounting using Business Works and client management software Ajera
- Prepare monthly financial reports for board and project managers
- Cash flow and budget management, including receivables and disbursement oversight
- Implement and monitor an internal control system
- Manage banking relationships and transactions
- Manage billings and collections, coordinating with Project Managers
- Develop accounting policies and procedures. Monitor and continue to make improvements.
- Manage job costing and WIP accounting, working closely with Project Managers
- Review insurance coverage and policies, including healthcare, business policies, professional errors and ommissions and job specific insurance certifications.
- Review benefit policies and administer as needed
- Manage all financial related agreements, including leases, employment contracts, etc.
- Payroll processing and reporting; including Oregon, Montana and Idaho.
- Human resources including personnel file, employee policies & procedures, benefit administration
- Supervise the collection, safekeeping and distribution of all accounts.
- Monitor and manage debt requirements including covenants
- Coordinate preparation and timing of the reports and documentation of our ESOP.
- Maintain business registrations in a variety of states
- Function as a member of the executive team
- Provide other financial analysis as necessary
- Work closely with CPA’s throughout the year to anticipate complexities or accounting issues
- Other duties as required by the position
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Timely financial reports
- Accurate financial reports, with limited CPA journal entries at year end (depreciation, amortization, gain/loss) and changes to originally
- Financial analysis reports
- Accurate job costing and project accounting
- Timing of year end completion
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- 5+ years’ experience managing an accounting department
- Strong background in construction accounting; including job costing and work in process
- Financial analysis skills
- Strong computer software skills
- Understanding of laws, regulations and codes that affect the organization.
- Ability to conduct technical research and analysis
- Team management skills – ability to effectively delegate tasks and supervise those functions
- Team player with a positive “can do” approach. Works well with district management team.
- Strong communication skills to communicate technical concepts to others and create cooperation among staff and outsiders
Position is in Corvallis
Apply online at www.hiringoregon.com
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.