The Assistant Property Manager supports Home Forward's strategic and operational objectives in the following way:
Coordinate and perform property management duties designed to ensure maximum occupancy, successful residency, program compliance, and resident self-sufficiency.
Duties are performed under the direction of property manager, during regularly scheduled hours, and include property, administrative, and office duties such as interim and annual reviews, income calculations and verifications, tenant notifications, leasing and pre-screening, move-in and move-out processing, front desk and ongoing tenant communications, meetings, data entry, file creation, and ongoing database updates.
In this context, the incumbent in this position will collaborate with others at all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders in the consideration of significant goals, concepts, initiatives, and other activities that profoundly affect Home Forward, its employees, and the people that it serves.
This opening will be stationed at Floresta located at:
12608 SE Foster Road, Portland, OR 97236
Please note: Assistant Property Managers may be required to work at any of our locations throughout Multnomah County.
This position is represented by AFSCME Local 3135 and will close on Tuesday, October 15 at 5:00 PM or once we receive a satisfactory number of applications.
Fluent Spanish speaking ability required.
A 5% bilingual premium is added to the wage for all bilingual required positions.
For best consideration, please apply early! At: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/hapdx/jobs/2577222/assistant-property-manager-bilingual-spanish-floresta?page=1&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Essential Job Functions:
The following tasks are typical for positions in this classification. Any single position may not perform all of these tasks and/or may perform similar related tasks not listed here:
- Plan day-to-day start-up, work schedule, and close-out routines such as opening or closing site office, greeting residents, dealing with immediate resident concerns, checking messages, rent box, and emails, and serving as a contact for day-to-day activities.
- Receive resident applications, input and update applications in software system, manage wait list, collect, verify, and send proper documents to screening company, and provide manager with findings.
- Show vacant units to applicants and provide applicants with information about the apartment, community, amenities and other information.
- Coordinate and assist residents with move-ins and move-outs. Accept and forwards Notices of Intent to Vacate to manager, perform or assist manager with move out inspections.
- Participate in efforts to maintain resident occupancy, meet with residents to identify and assess resident concerns, complaints or grievances, and act to resolve issues or refer to manager or appropriate Home Forward personnel.
- Act as first responder to resident concerns, refer and follow-up on concerns regarding resident demeanor to manager (noticeable changes in appearance, behavior, personal hygiene or condition of apartment) to Home Forward staff member, community partner or agency at direction of manager.
- Assist manager in planning, organizing and coordinating community-building functions such as resident meetings, field trips, potlucks or holiday events.
- Provide first response to resident and property emergencies during regularly scheduled shifts and arrange for after hours coverage with manager.
- Provide assistance and back up to other specialists or managers as directed.
- Provide lock out response service to residents during regular work shifts.
- Check and secure property doors and stairwells; lock offices, laundry rooms, community rooms and recreational facilities as scheduled. Report security issues to law enforcement agencies and manager.
- Conduct daily property inspections to maintain site cleanliness and appearance; refer matters to appropriate staff, report issues or deficiencies to manager.
- Assist with general maintenance duties, including but not limited to picking up of grounds and common areas or removing snow and ice from walkways and stairways in severe weather conditions.
- Check security and condition of vacant units a minimum of once a week, or as directed by manager.
- Accept maintenance work orders from residents, input into computer database, review with manager and/or maintenance personnel as needed, run weekly work order report, and close out work orders upon completion.
- Assist manager in conducting annual and follow-up housekeeping inspections.
- Coordinate and/or perform compliance review related functions such as preparing annual certification packets, conducting face-to-face certification reviews, tracking down missing records, auditing resident files, or assisting in preparing eviction notices.
- Perform general office and administrative duties including but not limited to answering the telephone, data entry and creating and maintaining applicant, resident and property files.
- Review and verify invoices; enter invoice amounts into computer system; type, log, copy and file as needed.
- Collect and process resident rent payments.
- Compose and distribute community flyers, notices, newsletters, and other information to residents as needed.
- Attend mandatory training sessions and staff meetings as directed.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.