Security Public Storage Company Overview
Security Public Storage (SPS) is a family-owned and operated self storage company with 49 self storage facilities located in California, Oregon, Nevada, Maryland & Virginia.
We are seeking an individual with extensive professional/property management experience with a strong work ethic to perform all operations and marketing/sales functions at our storage facility in Portland, OR.
We are seeking talented, dynamic people to join our management team! The quality of our managers is what distinguishes us in the self storage industry. You'd assume that all storage facilities were safe, clean and secure, but unfortunately that is not the case.
Our managers are the reason our facilities really are safe, clean and secure. Skills If you enjoy working with the public and have the following skills, please apply!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Keeping the facility rented at optimum levels by effectively utilizing advertising, promotional and customer relation skills as approved by management
- Provides outstanding customer service including assessing and resolving customer problems and professionally handling telephone, internet, and walk-in inquiries
- Shows, rents and cleans self storage units as well as actively selling and maintaining supplies of moving and packing materials
- Controls delinquencies through telephone contact and letters on a scheduled basis including sending out monthly invoices
- Cleans space(s) as vacated, hallways, and grounds as needed. Cleans office daily. Makes regular assessment of the condition of the property and resolves maintenance and cleaning issues
- Assist in preparing units for auction, vacate as prescribed by law and approved by management
Qualifications and Skills
- Customer service, retail sales, marketing, general office and telephone skills
- Prior self-storage experience preferred but not required
- Great organizational skills
- General office functions and experience required
- Keen eye for attention to detail
- Valid Driver License and Insurance with reliable transportation (Required)
Benefits and Perks
- Full Coverage Healthcare, Dental, & Vision Care (80% paid for Employee by company)
- Vacation and Sick Time
- 7 Company Paid Holidays, and 1 Personal Floating Holiday
- 401K Options with 4% Company Match
- Opportunity for advancement
- Job Type: Full-time
- Equivalent of $19.70 per hour, plus commission
We value diversity at Security Public Storage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.