Innovative Housing, Inc. (IHI) is a nonprofit housing provider that has served low-income households in the Portland metro region since 1984. We are a small, efficient team of mission-driven individuals doing great things. IHI’s residents represent many different communities and lived experiences and we strive to have our staff reflect this diversity. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. Read more about us at www.innovativehousinginc.com.
Purpose and Summary
The goal of the Resident Services Coordinator (RSC) is to support resident housing stability and success. The RSC does this by providing wraparound services including eviction prevention, resource referrals, and basic living skills to individuals living in IHI properties. The RSC will coordinate with third party property managers, service providers, and community partners to provide residents with the tools necessary to keep them healthy and housed.
• Identify service needs of residents
• Advocate for residents to maintain successful, permanent housing
• Help residents access social services, community resources, higher education, employment supports, etc.
• Plan, publicize and facilitate on-site community-building events and activities
We are looking for a creative, dedicated, diverse individual with the following skills/abilities:
• Experience working with individuals that have experienced trauma and homelessness
• Cultural proficiency in working with diverse populations and low-income income individuals
• Basic knowledge of Trauma Informed Care
• Experience working with people who have a history of substance abuse
• Comfort and experience working with people managing mental health challenges
• Possesses strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills
• Skills in working as a member of a diverse team
• Must pass criminal background check
• Has a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and insured personal vehicle
• Has the ability to lift 50 lbs. and is comfortable moving heavy objects
Innovative Housing is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.