Innovative Housing, Inc. (IHI) is a nonprofit housing provider that has served low-income households in the Portland metro region since 1984. We are a small, efficient team of mission-driven individuals doing great things. IHI’s residents represent many different communities and lived experiences and we strive to have our staff reflect this diversity. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. Read more about us at www.innovativehousinginc.com.
Purpose and Summary
The goal of the Academic Success Coordinator is to improve educational outcomes for children and youth living in properties owned and operated by Innovative Housing. The Academic Success Coordinator will coordinate educational supports and provide culturally responsive system navigation support for children and their families. The Academic Success Coordinator will work to resolve issues that impact learning and strengthen relationships among parents, public school teachers and administration, and community partners. This position will collaborate with educators, parents, IHI Resident Service Coordinators and other key partners.
• Establish positive, collaborative working relationships and linkages among parents, teachers, school administrators and community service providers
• Provide system navigation support for students and families to access educational services and supports
• Develop and implement after-school programming
• Help resolve issues and facilitate solutions that impact student learning, i.e. transitions between schools, special education needs, disciplinary actions
• Coordinate educational services and supports to help students achieve their educational goals
• Knowledge of local school systems, including Portland Public Schools, and current regulations
• Cultural proficiency in working with diverse populations and low-income families
• Basic knowledge of Adverse Childhood Experience and Trauma Informed Care
• Ability to demonstrate effective skills related to: written and oral communication, problem-solving, decision-making and basic computer applications
• Take initiative with program design and work with minimal supervision
• Work as a member of a team
• Must pass criminal background check
We are looking for a creative, dedicated, diverse individual who:
• Has the ability to work flexible hours, according to the needs of families.
• Has a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and insured personal vehicle.
• Has the ability to lift 50 lbs. and is comfortable moving heavy objects.
Innovative Housing is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.