Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency
and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric,
Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas, Avista and SW Washington customers of NW Natural. Year over year, Energy Trust has been recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work for in Oregon.
Energy Trust is committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a culturally attentive organization by reaching out to diverse candidates who will contribute a range of perspectives, experiences, skills and ideas to how we work, our programs and our services to best serve, reach and reflect the rich diversity of the customers we serve.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
This Program Manager – Industrial will manage the design, development, delivery and ongoing implementation of Energy Trust’s Industrial Energy Performance Management offerings for customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas, and Avista. The position will manage budgets and savings goals associated with the delivery of the offerings while building and maintaining relationships with customers, utilities and external stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manage all aspects of the Industrial sector Energy Performance Management offerings including goal setting, budgeting, program development and implementation. The Energy Performance Management offerings include strategic energy management (SEM), energy management internship and competition offerings.
- Ensure that the Energy Performance Management design, strategy, marketing and implementation activities are synchronized with the Custom offering activities.
- Direct the work of internal energy trust staff and external contractors supporting Energy Performance Management implementation activities.
- Oversee strategy development for SEM and other energy management approaches including the evolution of the Continuous SEM offering, evolution of a streamlined SEM offering for small to medium customers, development of energy management competition(s) and launch of new energy management software.
- Lead the Energy Performance Management elements of the program contracting process for the Custom Offering. This includes supporting the development of RFP’s, scopes of work, soliciting bids, negotiating and finalizing contracts.
- Manage the Energy Performance Management elements of contracts and budgets, directing the work of contractors to achieve program goals and ensuring terms and deliverables are met.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Energy Trust Industry and Agriculture program managers and internal support teams to ensure program effectiveness and continued innovation.
- Write and present reports to advisory committee, board and other internal stakeholders.
- Assist in program evaluations and reviews.
- As needed, serve on relevant public boards and committees including the Northwest and/or North American SEM Collaborative. Coordinate delivery channels across market segments with other regional efforts such as those by NEEA and BPA.
· Represent Energy Trust interests and regularly give persuasive presentations to external stakeholders at public events.
- Perform all duties of the job in a safe manner.
- This position will direct the work of external contractors and internal Energy Trust staff member.
- Bachelor’s degree (engineering, science, economics, business, finance, architecture or environmental science preferred), or equivalent experience
- Five years of experience in program and/or project management within the energy efficiency industry.
- Some Strategic Energy Management experience preferred.
- Understanding of contract administration and risk mitigation
- Experience in program design, delivery and all phases of implementation.
- Experience managing contractors or internal teams including writing scopes of work, negotiating and finalizing contracts, and managing the execution of contracts.
- Experience with energy efficiency and energy economics (i.e. measure life, cost benefit analysis) preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software applications, including basic knowledge of SharePoint.
- Strong analytical, writing, and communications skills.
- Experience working on multiple team-based initiatives.
- Customer service skills and experience.
- Must be able to interact with a diverse workforce and be comfortable working in culturally diverse settings and groups.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
- Salary commensurate with skill and experience.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Due to COVID-19, this position will begin as primarily a remote position, with a transition plan back to in-office work (in downtown Portland, OR) as circumstances allow.
- Work Status: Non-citizen applicants must be authorized to work in the United States at the time of application.
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter, resume and application (found on Energy Trust’s website) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Program Manager - Industrial Strategic Energy Management
Energy Trust of Oregon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Energy Trust of Oregon is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.