Delivery Technician - Multiple Positions Featured
17890 NE Airport Way, Suite 170
$20+ Depending on experience hour
With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
Patient Service Technicians (PSTs) at Apria improve the quality of life for our patients at home by delivering, setting up, and instructing patients on the use of medical equipment (e.g., respiratory supplies, oxygen equipment, hospital beds, wheelchairs, etc.) in their homes and care facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivers and picks up equipment from homecare patients. Sets up equipment and instructs patients on the basic use of equipment. Assists patients in solving problems regarding equipment use.
- Schedules and organizes daily deliveries and pickups according to geographic territory. Loads and unloads durable medical or infusion equipment, oxygen and medical supplies onto delivery vehicle.
- Complies with all applicable regulatory requirements including providing documents needed for the driver qualification file and abiding by hours of service, daily log, hazardous materials (placarding, training and shipping papers) and vehicle inspection and maintenance regulations.
- Completes necessary paperwork including daily delivery logs, pick-up and delivery forms, reimbursement documents and vehicle maintenance logs. Distributes paperwork to appropriate personnel.
- Notify supervisor if any one of the following items is discovered in the patient's home:
- Physical abuse of any family member
- Home environment is unsafe for the care ordered, such as unsanitary conditions or insufficient food for children
- Animals in the home that cause unsanitary conditions
- Maintains daily vehicle maintenance logs and incident reports. Ensures vehicles are in proper working condition. Ensures preventive maintenance on vehicles is performed on a timely basis according to D.O.T., F.D.A. and Joint Commission.
- Responds to emergency delivery calls as needed and on an on-call basis.
- May clean and assist with the repair of equipment.
- Performs routine vehicle maintenance including the checking of gasoline, oil fluids, tire pressure and brakes. Reports malfunction to supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.