Hannah Pet Hospitals is looking to employ full-time and part-time Pet Nurse Assistants to help keep our state-of-the-art veterinary hospitals operating smoothly. As an entry-level position with no prior experience requirements, this is an excellent way to get your foot in the door of the veterinary industry and lay the foundation for a fulfilling career!
Hannah’s has stringent education, training and testing protocols for each level of Pet Care, from Nurse Assistants to Nurses to Practitioners. This provides our Team Members the valuable opportunity for fast-tracked career advancement through hands-on training and experience, while allowing them to challenge themselves and greatly expand their skillsets. Apply today to become an integral part of the Hannah Family!
- Starting at $15-$18/hour.
- Benefits include employer matched 401k and Roth 401k accounts; employer-sponsored health insurance; dental and vision insurance; life and short-term disability insurance; Flexible Spending, Dependent Care and Commuter Transit Accounts; and a substantial discount on our comprehensive Pet Care plan for dogs and cats!
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Stock treatment rooms, exam rooms and surgical suite with necessary medical supplies.
- Sterilize treatment and exam rooms, surgical suite and instruments.
- Prepare routine in-house laboratory tests.
- Use proper restraint techniques to hold or position Pets during examination, treatment, and inoculation.
- Ensure the comfort and cleanliness of in-house Pets by walking, exercising, bathing, feeding and cleaning kennels.
- Perform nail trims, ear cleaning, and sanitary shaves.
- Ensure cleanliness of the Hospital - including but not limited to laundry (Pet bedding and towels), dishes (Pet food/water bowls), mopping, trash collection and removal.
Qualifications and Skills
- Eagerness to help people and their Pets.
- Strong integrity and personal values.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain composure while dealing with stressful situations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
Essential Physical Abilities
- Ability to stand up or move around continuously 4-hours at a time.
- Ability to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch.
- Ability to use hands and fingers to operate, activate, detect and position.
- Ability to lift a 40lb. dog onto an exam table.
- Ability to hear and verbally communicate in an environment with moderately high noise levels.
- Ability to see in order to determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
- Routine exposure to biological hazards, medication/controlled substances, anesthesia and radiation (after Radiation Certification is obtained – also paid for and provided by Hannah!).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or veteran status.
Any offer of employment is contingent on our receipt of acceptable professional references, successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening (excluding marijuana) as requested, and proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
CANDIDATES PLEASE SEND RESUME TO: