Customer Care Specialist
Work Mode: Hybrid
Location: Northeast Portland, OR
At ANN SACKS we are creatives. We are artists, designers, problem solvers, analysts, planners, producers, manufacturers, sellers, organizers and innovators.
We’re a locally founded brand – started right here in Portland, Oregon in 1981. Since then we’ve expanded to 18 showrooms across North America, created a global presence as a Kohler owned brand, and won a National Kitchen and Bath (NKBA) award for our latest innovation in Sustainability and Recycled content. Over 2 million tiles and parts are handmade and sprayed in our Portland factory every year. We have a small company feel with big company business.
Our Customer Experience (CX) team is growing and we are looking for a full-time Customer Care Advisor to join us at our corporate office in Portland, Oregon. As a member of our team, you will be instrumental in supporting our business as we strive to make every customer experience with us exceptional.
What you’ll do:
- Save the day – Empathize with customers when things don’t go as planned; provide relationship-building gestures including refunds, reshipments, returns and troubleshooting for product questions.
- Take risks – deliver exceptional customer service while utilizing negotiation skills and compromise to identify best “cost versus service” solutions.
- Innovate big and small – identify trends and pain points, collaborate on solutions to improve both customer experience and company processes.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams including Supply Chain, Merchandising and Sales daily to action customer requests.
- Collaborate with Customer Experience team to knowledge-share, provide coverage when needed, and participate in special projects.
Who you are:
- An eloquent communicator who understands and embodies, “know your audience” through all channels – phone, email, IM and in person.
- Ready and eager to think outside the box; a creative problem solver who asks, “how can we do this better?”
- Comfortable with ambiguity and the unknown – be ready to embrace change, dig for answers and meet new people regularly.
- A forward thinker and critical decision maker who can anticipate needs before they arise.
- Prior experience in a customer-facing environment. Preference given to candidates who possess a blend of experience with both in-person interactions and behind the scenes (email, phone, etc.) in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and independently prioritize work without missing critical deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills – proven track record of developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with internal and external partners.
- Self-motivated and proactive problem solver with a high sense of urgency.
Nice to have:
- SAP experience a plus.
- Salesforce experience a plus.
- 1+ years background supporting a sales organization in the architectural/building supplies industry, manufacturing, interior design, hospitality or related field.
Apply directly to https://kohler.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/16/home/requisition/32782?c=kohler&lang=en-US or on Portland Job Finder.