- Pay Rate: $19.00 per hour
- Full-Time Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM
- Successful candidate will be an energetic and independent self-starter
- Previous customer service experience required
- Ability to focus and remain calm in a high traffic customer service center
- Understanding of office systems and Microsoft Suite required
- Ability to operate a POS system that includes cash handling, receiving checks, and running credit cards required
- This is a health care location; COVID-19 vaccination required
Apply Directly at: https://spplusportlandjobs.com and select “OHSU” from the home page menu
BASIC FUNCTION: This position provides essential customer service and education to the OHSU community. This position has technical knowledge needed to answer questions, on the phone, by email, and in person, and give specialized assistance. This position is responsible for explanation of rules, programs and procedures in order to secure compliance with the Campus Access and Commute Services departmental guidelines. This position handles cash/checks and credit card transactions. This position staffs both customer service locations on Marquam Hill and the South Waterfront.
Customer Service Center Representatives are flexible to the variable needs of the Campus Access and Commute Services department and must demonstrate an extremely high level of interpersonal and relationship building skills, empathy, confidentiality, and integrity. They must be self-motivated with the ability to focus and remain calm in an environment that alternates between extremely busy, with long lines and very slow with downtime to complete side projects.
- Provide essential services to the OHSU community, public, visitors and guests through telephone and email, as well as personal contact, at the Campus Access and Commute Services Customer Service Center
- Explain information to the OHSU community in a manner that is clear and understandable, both verbally and in writing
- Explain and uphold a variety of parking and badge access policies and regulations even in the face of customer resistance or misunderstanding
- Operate a POS system that includes cash handling, receiving checks, and running credit cards
- Operate multiple software systems simultaneously
- Create and issue ID badges
- Assign secure access to ID badges
- Process parking events, appeals and reservations
- Sell parking passes
- Distribute keys
- Sell transit passes
- Manage RV spaces
- Manage special parking
- Distribute tram passes
- Grant garage and door access
- Manage multiple email inboxes that require specialized knowledge (id badge access, parking knowledge, key system, transit options, etc.)
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The personnel selected for Customer Service Center Representative positions must have certain traits and abilities that enable them to achieve expected levels of performance. Some of the most important competencies are exercising sound independent judgment and maintaining a high level of customer service. Other areas include:
- Proficiency with technology: Ability to use software with specialized programs to issue badges and permits
- Cash handling skills: Ability to follow procedures for handling cash and other things of value. Understand basic auditing processes.
- Education and/or Experience: High school education or up to one-month related experience or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Availability to Work: Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location's hiring needs. If applicable, availability to work 2nd shift, 3rd shift and/or week-ends may be required.
- Mathematical skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to make change.
- Language skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, supervisors and other employees of the organization.
- Reasoning ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but standard written or oral instructions. Ability to think critically to problem solve challenging and constantly evolving issues. Ability to apply process improvement ideas to existing systems.
- Physical demands: the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk and listen. The employee must be able to speak clearly and use a telephone, as well as a computer and other basic and specialized office equipment. The employee must be able to prioritize and deal with multiple demands on their attention. Must be able to lift and carry at least 20 lbs. Must have the ability to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day using typical office equipment.